Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Teacher Bag

Let me address the elephant in the room - it's been FOREVER since I've been able to blog!  It's due to a combination of items, but mainly to the perpetual cycle of grading and school work.  After several hours of the day are usurped, I tend to go straight to bed. Let's face it, when it comes to sleeping or blogging, I am always going to chose sleeping.

Anyway, I've posted a couple bags that I have purposed for teaching.  I tend to always find a complaint.  It should be no surprise that it only took me months to replace this beautiful one.  Although it's my favorite color combo, I was unhappy with the thickness of interfacing I used.  The top layer became pretty droopy and the thin straps, although easy to sew on the machine, just folded onto themselves.


 Solution: Same pattern (slightly bigger) but thicker interfacing.  I couldn't conjure the same fabrics; JoAnn discontinued one of them.  I came up with a new combo.  I added a couple extra pockets, and a key loop.
If I could do it over again, and hey, I typically do, I would choose navy straps. I couldn't find a matching navy at JoAnn, but I should have been patient and gone to another option.  I also was bad and accidentally left my inner seams exposed. Oops. All in all, I love the bag.  I would give it an 9.5 out of 10.





No comments:

Post a Comment