Sunday, September 5, 2010

for Lucy

L


ucy's Apron


This drop cap is so perfect for this post! Lucy and Keith's wedding colors are magenta and orange. And that was the reason for this apron! I made if for Lucy's wedding shower. I used the general basis of a pattern but I tweaked it enough to be able to call it my own pattern. It was SO CONVENIENT to use my dress form to lay out my pattern on it and see the sizing and fitting. I got the batik fabric and bias tape from Lib's place in Farmville. As I was picking out the fabric and trimming, the store owner was helping me find matching trim. She knows Lucy, and when I picked up the yellow, she said, "yellow is good because Lucy is very sun-shiney." It was very fun to make, and I love how it turned out.

I also enjoyed her shower. It was very nice to see her and other friends I hadn't seen in a while. I am looking forward to the O'Dell and Taylor wedding this November!

3 comments:

  1. I like how bright it is!!! It looks like it will fit really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute apron! I love the colors and design! Great Work Drool Ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww, sweet sweet. who is that lady that knows me? hahaha. thank you Kelly!!! :)

    ReplyDelete