Sunday, February 13, 2011

Danielle's Shower and Present

M



y friend Danielle is having a baby girl in about 5 weeks!  Jen, Kat, and I threw her a shower to celebrate!  It was fun to make one of the decorations for it.  In the picture below, you can notice the banner I made.  I wish I had taken a closer picture of it, but this is the best I have.  I made bunting out of 3 patterns of scrap booking paper, and cut out letters that said, "Baby Boyd."  I sewed the triangles on to the yellow ribbon.  
I also made some cupcakes and got to display them on my beautiful tree that I got for Christmas.  I thought that they looked really nice in the pyramid shape.
For Danielle's present, I made a little dress from a pattern I got at a big Joann's sale.  It is made from a moderate-stretch knit fabric and magenta bias tape.  Baby items are so quick to make, since they are about 1/10 the size of adult items.  I forgot to put in my personal tag, and I ran out of time to make the matching scrunching headband.  So, that will come later I suppose.  I'll post that when I finish it.  
Here is the front:
 Here is the back:

1 comment: